Family Leadership, I Am a Trained Family Leader
FAMILY LEADERSHIP TRAINING INSTITUTE OF COLORADO
Families Leading Social Change where making change is possible! For more information please visit Colorado Family Leadership.com or click the banner above.
WHAT IS “FAMILY LEADERSHIP”?
Family leadership emerges when community members and parents gain the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in meaningful leadership roles that help shape the future of families, youth, school and communities.
WHY IS “FAMILY LEADERSHIP” NECESSARY?
- It makes positive social change possible –at no cost
- National directives mandate that families serve as essential advisers in public policy, research, and systems development
- Confirms that the voice of the people is represented in policy making discussions and decision making within the local, state and federal government.
- Increase parent-child interaction through family involvement
- Communities are strengthened when the voice of the family is valued
WHAT IS THE FAMILY LEADERSHIP TRAINING INSTITUTE AND WHAT DOES IT OFFER?
A 20-week skill-based curriculum designed to bolster family involvement and leadership skills while promoting the lifelong health, safety and learning of children through the Connecticut Parent Leadership Training Institute.
A research based curriculum designed to complement other family leadership curricula, integrating leadership and democracy skills to enhance local community involvement and other opportunities.
- A research based curriculum (from the state of Connecticut) that applies to all families
- Focus on empowerment and civic skills to equip families in making desired changes
- State and National certification in Family Leadership –at no cost
- Develops a coalition of families invested in systems change
- An evaluation of both short and long-term outcomes
- Curriculum designed to address a range of diversity
HOW ARE FAMILY LEADERSHIP CLASSES ORGANIZED?
- Local classes are formed and supported by local communities
- Participants are selected based on demonstrated commitment and wish for possible change.
- Participants receive full 20-weeks of instruction, child care and meals –at no cost
- Interactive lesson plans based on proven adult learning styles
- Skilled and certified facilitators are familiar with local concerns and show their communities diverse perspectives
Features community based projects to discuss identified gaps as determined by the participant, please contact Eileen Forlenza (303) 692-2794
Mike is not a TBI doctor, he is just an advocate for traumatic brain injury. He offers his advice on brain injury from a survivors perspective and it is up to you to take or ignore his advice. Meaning he is not responsible in any way for your actions. He offers his advice for free on the world wide web and you should take it as such, cheap advice.